i am david
Page numbers are approximate and may vary between book editions.
- What instructions does the man give to David?
- What article does David request from the man?
- What has David desired to do since he was little?
- What does David realize after reaching the thicket?
- What memory enters David’s mind while riding in the back of the truck?
- While on the boat, what does David realize that causes him to be filled with loneliness?
- By the end of chapter one, what does David desire?
- As David prepares himself to interact with people, what does he realize he must have?
- When David assesses his situation, what advantages and disadvantages does he think he has?
- What belief grows stronger for David with the passing of time?
- What important article does David lose?
- What god does David choose and how does he choose?
- When David meets the man and woman on the road, why does he want to know if the country
they come from has a king?
- What observation does the woman make about David?
- What two reasons does David have for wanting to find a mirror?
- What could David no longer think of giving up?
- What two things does David ask God for?
- In chapter 4, what strange new sound does David hear?
- When David is being attacked by Carlo, why doesn’t he defend himself?
- What does David realize he is doing for the first time after he rescues Maria?
- What is David learning about language and the use of words?
- Why does David ask for a book that was published before 1917?
- What does David decide about Carlo and why?
- Which of the children does David feel most at ease with, and why do you think this is so?
- What does David think sounds more wonderful than anything in the world except sunshine
- What does the milk cause David to remember and how does this affect his opinion of “the man”
in the camp?
- What revelation does the priest give David regarding David’s God?
- What offer does the Priest make to David and what does David ask for instead?
- What does David realize has changed about himself since he has lived in a house with a family?
- What can David no longer do that was essential for his survival in a concentration camp?
- How had the man helped David in the camp?
- How do David and King become friends and who makes the first move toward friendship?
- Why does the farmer try to hide the fact that spring is coming?
- Why does David become angry with God and what lesson does he realize God is trying to teach him?
- How does King protect David and how does this affect David?
- What does David frequently have to do that makes him uncomfortable?
- What should David have noticed about the three people he met on the road?
- In David’s prayer to God, what does he ask for?
- After blaming himself for King’s fate, what does David come to realize?
- What does David realize as soon as the door of the woman’s house is opened?