Page numbers are approximate and may vary between book editions.
- What does Mike wish as he kicks the empty tin can?
- What does Mike’s family do for a living?
- What does Mike think of catfish?
- What did Mike’s grandpa do for him when Mike was younger and woke up scared?
- What was Grandpap like when he was younger?
- What is Mike’s third wish from the genie?
- What is Mike’s job at the family store every morning?
- What new nickname does Simms give Macaroni Boy?
- Why does Joseph toss the rat into the trash?
- Why was Grandpap so upset when Mike returned from Klavon’s?
- Why didn’t Mike’s family lose any money in the stock market crash of 1929?
- What does Mike hear his family discussing that troubles him?
- Why were Mike and Joseph fighting Simms and three of his pals?
- What were the consequences for fighting at school?
- Why does mopping the younger boy’s washroom after school not seem so bad to Mike?
- Why does Grandpap not want Mike to tell his mother he is sick?
- What does Mike’s dad say about the hobos they see helping themselves to crates full of
apples and oranges?
- According to Joseph, what do green bananas have to do with the explosion at the warehouse?
- What did Mike forget to tell his parents about Grandpap the night of the explosion?
- While trying to figure out who blew up the warehouse with Joseph, what makes Mike laugh so
hard his stomach hurts?
- Why does Mike get blamed for the banana mess?
- How does Mike’s dad convince Sister Mary Ted to believe Mike didn’t make the banana mess?
- What does Mike fear when he learns Joseph’s father thinks the hobos were poisoned?
- How does Grandpap respond to the discussion about seeing a doctor?
- Why does Mike lie to his dad when he brings Grandpap home?
- How does Tony feel about the family business?
- How did Joseph earn the ten cents that he jingled in his pocket?
- What does Mike want to tell Joseph after school?
- What “hidden stuff” are Mike and Joseph looking for in the strip?
- Why does Mike think Joseph is able to ask Cap Billy questions in such a nice way?
- What does Mike decide to do with the live street rat caught in the trap?
- What makes the squeaking sound that comes from Mike’s desk?
- When the rat survives the first experiment, what do Mike and Joseph try next?
- When Mike and Joseph are on Herr’s Island what does Mike realize he can never do?
- What happens to Mike and Joseph when they are spying on the moonshiners?
- Why do Mike and Joseph tell the moonshiners they are spying on them?
- Why do the moonshiners decide to sell Mike and Joseph the hooch?
- Who do Mike and Joseph say gave them the tip about the location of the moonshiners?
- Why do Mike’s eyes sting when he promises to write Tony?
- When Mike checked Sneaky, why did he think they had found the answer to the mystery?
- After making the rounds and meeting Joseph, what are Mike’s three good omens?
- What happens to Andy Simms as a result of Mike giving his name to the moonshiners?
- What does Mike discover when he goes to hide in the bathroom?
- How does Mike get the idea to act polite to Andy?
- What do Mike and Andy agree to trade with each other?
- How does Mike’s dad catch him stealing macaroni and cheese?
- Why does Mike’s father tear up the I.O.U. that Mike had given him for the macaroni and cheese.?