Page numbers are approximate and may vary between book editions.
Section 1: Chapters 1, 2
- What does Stanley’s younger brother, Arthur, want his parents to see?
- Why does Stanley have to go see Dr. Dan?
- What does Dr. Dan admit at the end of Stanley’s appointment?
- What are Stanley’s measurements?
- What is one reason Stanley likes being flat?
- How does Stanley help his mother when they are taking a walk?
- How does Stanley travel to California?
Section 2: Chapter 3
- What does Mr. Lambchop like to do on Sunday afternoons?
- What is difficult on these outings?
- What does Mr. Jones think Mr. Lambchop is carrying?
- Why does Arthur pile encyclopedias on himself?
- After he borrows a large spool of string, what does Stanley ask Aurthur to do?
- What happens to Stanley when his brother goes to get a hot dog?
- How long does it take Arthur to rescue his brother?
Section 3: Chapter 4
- What is Mr. Dart’s important job?
- Why has Mr. Dart become gloomy?
- Who does the Chief of Police suspect is stealing the paintings?
- What does Mrs. Lambchop say that Stanley must do if he is to carry out his plan to help Mr. Dart?
- What disguise does Mr. Dart choose for Stanley?
- How do the sneak thieves get into the museum?
- What does Stanley get for helping to catch the sneak thieves?
Section 4: Chapter 5
- After a few weeks of fame, what happens to Stanley?
- Why do people begin to laugh at Stanley?
- What does Arthur hear that wakes him up?
- Why does Arthur think Stanley is mad at him?
- What is Arthur’s idea to help Stanley?
- What does Arthur use to help Stanley’s right foot inflate?
- How does the Lambchop Family celebrate?